Nestled to the Georgia National Forest, Camp Swamp, a 180-acre camp owned and maintained by multiple southeastern churches among our fellowship, is looking for a Facilities Manager to support this ministry that has served thousands of children and their families for three decades. This is a full time position with competitive pay, full benefits and some nice perks. Please see the full job description below for the position particulars. Please send your resume and questions to Jeff Rorabaugh, Executive Program Director, via the form below.
Full Job Description
HOUSING, VEHICLE, AND SOME MEALS PROVIDED
LIMITED RELOCATION FUNDING AVAILABLE
Swamp Camp Services, Inc., aka Camp Swamp is a global 501(c)3 organization offering an "unrivaled camp culture" to the young and young-at-heart. We host weeklong summer camp adventures for kids 9-18 years of age and retreats for all ages, conduct camp staff training worldwide, extend an exceptional rental facility for retreats and events, and host laser-tag gaming with state-of-the-art taggers. Located on 180 acres in Penfield, Georgia just 45 minutes south of Athens, Georgia, Camp Swamp is a thriving and growing ministry serving the disciples in the southeast churches and the thousands of children and their families who have come through our gates. Having started with one location, Camp Swamp is now operating in 14 countries around the world and continues to strive with the purpose of offering an overnight Christian camp experience at “the safest place on the planet, besides your home,” in order to help the generations see God and know His inspiring love through Jesus, so that we can be the go-to camp within 300 miles (482 km) of any person on the globe as we follow the Spirit’s lead, in a way that creates a “my second home” camp culture. Feel free to browse this website specifically Our Purpose statements page to learn more.
Summary (Scope of the Job)
Camp Swamp is searching for experienced, reliable and task-oriented Facilities Manager for our 180-acre property. This role will cross-train on all duties and will comprehensively oversee the year-round maintenance and safety needs of the Camp Swamp property. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional and capable of managing their work load by prioritizing tasks in a customer-oriented environment fueled by a heart of serving. This is an excellent opportunity to join a ministry-focused organization with competitive compensation, employee benefits and other perks.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Formulation and implementation of all aspects of keeping the property, activities and buildings safe, usable, and aesthetically pleasing to include the following:
- Focus on day to day security, cleaning, maintenance
- Planning and overseeing building work/renovations
- Negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, and other measures
- Oversee upkeep of equipment and supplies
- Determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvement, and safety inspections
- Financial forecasting & budgeting for all facilities-related transactions
- Ensuring the facility meets government regulations and environmental health and security standards
- Choosing, hiring, & training appropriate employees and contractors
- Installation and upkeep of telecommunication systems ( Satellite, DSL, WIFI)
- Obsolete planning - Budgeting and Replacement plan
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Search out ways to cut cost while adequately maintaining the facility
- Any other activities at the discretion of the Director
- 180 acres (60+ manicured)
- Buildings: 16 cabins, 2 bath houses, Resident house, 3 staff cabins, 1 medical cabin, pool house, pole barn, snack shack, store, recreation shed, storage shed, multiple well houses (plumbing, electrical, security, roof, wear and tear)
- Amphitheater – maintaining and safety
- Pool – Certified Pool Operator, cleaning, overall maintaining pool, equipment, and grounds
- Grading Roads – 3+ mile of gravel - ordering and moving gravel, using tractor to grade
- Well operations – water testing, repairing, and communication with professionals as needed
- Septic operations – repairing, ordering pumped
- Refrigeration – checking system minimally twice daily seven days/week
- Bush Hogging – keeping grass at a safe level in all areas
- Pest control – research and implement best practices for pest control (including bed bugs, flies, roaches, bees, wasps, hornets, snakes) including securing and supervising vendors
- Erosion control – landscaping, seeding, rerouting runoff , aerating, fertilizing
- Laser Tag – all taggers maintained, charged, transported, games facilitated
- Slip & Slide – purchase all supplies,
- Pool Slide – disassemble and assemble annually
- Lake – all equipment maintained (canoes, paddle-boats, fishing poles, worms, life vests)
- Construct items requested by Program Director in support of events
- Order rental items for retreats
- Shopping for items for camp – ensuring cost effectiveness
- Develop ideas and create new offerings for camp participants
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to stand and move throughout buildings and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Proficient technology skills to support communications and work
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing to work outside
- Ability to be flexible in schedule to meet operational needs. This may require occasionally working outside regularly schedule hours
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $40,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Full package with medical, dental, life insurance, covered 100% by organization
- Retirement: 401(k) matching up to 3% of salary
- Perks: Housing, Work Truck, and some meals provided
- 8, 10, 12 hour shifts
- Floating days off depending on event calendar
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance: 2 year (Required)
- Familiarity with heavy farm equipment
- Driver's License (Required)
- Appropriate Professional / Technical Certifications